Friday, August 1, 2008

No Critical Security Bulletins for July

For July, Microsoft released only 4 new Security Bulletins and none of them were Critical. Actually, all 4 were rated as Important, which typically means they are serious, but that... Read More

Fine thanks. So far we have survived... Now, where did we get up to last time I 'visited' with you? Lets see, last Tuesday, I think it was.

Well, after a few more days truanting and then forging signatures ('Er, Dad believed it all, Mum.' 'Of course he did, he's never seen your teachers' signatures. And neither have I but I can spot a bad forgery anywhere... Something to do with trying to go over it twice with a shaky hand...')

But I digress. Badly. But who cares? It's my blog! Yes, and Junior not being at school at all on Friday, or Monday...

Anyway, I took Junior into school yesterday, being Tuesday. Reception wasn't too happy! Do you have an interview Mrs George? No, but Mr Mac will see me because he is expecting Junior so he can sign his Principal's report...

I honestly thought I was going to be chucked out!!! If that had been the case, I can assure you I would have stormed out with Junior in tow, and taken him over to his father, who then could have stormed back in with him...

Anyway, finally, Mr Mac arrived. We got in first! The upshot of Junior who was awol is that he can tell the teacher the truth but not me. I hate that. I cannot stand being lied to by my own children. He was in the public library, and Mr Mac wants to tear shreds off them now...

The careers adviser was called in. She is marvellous. Very supportive of me as is one other teacher, Junior's last year's English teacher.

You know, people in authority can do all the talking to a teenager they would like, but it's still going to sound like a lecture, have you noticed? Things like - it's all about you, D... What are you good at?... What would you like to do?...

Der, I dunno.  (Sorta.  Dunno.  Nothing...)

Now, the government beaurocrats are NOT issuing exemptions for under sixteens to leave school. Nah-ah, no way. Nix, zippo, nada from their office. Not happening, Stan.  Bloody-mindedness, I say.

Junior isn't sixteen, and it's too effort, as oldest would say, to do a section 71. He could go out and do work experience if he was 'sectioned'... (He could leave school full-stop with government permission...)

Work experience?  No pay for working between the hours of nine and three-thirty week days. Did you know Junior could get quintuple overtime after three thirty? According to the Deputy Head, that is.  And as Victor Borge would say, possibly the rest of the Deputy's body, too... Yeah, right. Someone wants to take Junior on, in any case, and then pay him? He would have to fork out ACC, plus all the rest.

Junior work? Yeah right. Apparently he has not been much use around the farm, refusing to work when he's been there over school hols. And now my husband decides to tell me. (What is this, a conspiracy against Linda?)

Now, if he left before 16 with govt permission, he could get on a 'Course'. With a 'Youth Provider'. When he has been on a 'Course', he can then go to MIT free because they hold places for kids on 'Courses'... Great! I'm all for courses. But they won't let him outa school until he is sixteen. But they can trade off, if the school is willing to give them the funding they would get from them still being enrolled.

Yeah, right. Wonder how much the average child is worth per week to the average school?

Junior could trial all the various courses for the next six weeks until he turns sixteen...

But how is he? It's a case of ask no questions get told no lies at present. And blind eyes turning all over the place... How one can turn their blind eye is beyond me...

Now, all I have to do is retrieve his artwork and paints etc before they accidently get chucked out....

And you can work it all out.  Simple really...

Bye-ee...












Read More

I wouldn't call myself a gamer & the main reason I bought my PS3 was for Blu Ray but this games rocks! Gameplay, graphics, sound, story......

Read More

EDS shareholders give green light to sale Read More

India is developing a laptop that will cost US$10, for use in higher education Read More

When you go out shopping, or to a baseball game, or wherever, odds are fair that you lock your car doors when you leave. You probably want to protect your... Read More

Gary McKinnon looks set to be extradited to the US Read More

Online video start-up Omnisio acquired by Google for NZ$20 million Read More

Buy takes Maclean Computing into Wellington market Read More

No comments: