Wednesday, August 20, 2008

'Spam King' Dead in Murder / Suicide

I am not a fan of spam. I try to keep things in perspective though. It is just email. I have filters that move it to my Junkmail folder without... Read More

Legal director frames the dispute as a First Amendment issue Read More

19 July 2008, Harvey Norman had a huge sale on, I cant remember exactly what it was called but it had '12 hour marathon' in the name. Anyway, I ended up buying a new laptop! Compaq Presario V3500 with Windows Vista Home Premium, I don't care what anyone has to say about Compaq I absolutely love this laptop. Considering my previous laptop was a Dell Inspiron 2200 anything reasonably up-to-date would have been sufficient.. One or two more usb ports would have been nice and maybe even bluetooth connectivity but apart from that it does everything I need and does it well. I especially like the button above the touchpad which enables me to lock it.

If anyone is looking for a really nice laptop under $1300 I would recommend the Presario V3500.


Read More

Shift comes after CA refocuses on channel sales Read More

Isn't that incredible that Telecom New Zealand can charge my mobile data usage every month but it can't provide a simple way, other then calling their help desk every day, to follow my usage?

They are able to put a $$$ amount in my monthly bill, but I can't find my usage in data terms (megabytes or gigabytes) anywhere on the invoice or on-line.

They use a very cryptic "data calls" unit that means nothing to me.

Telecom New Zealand makes it really hard for me to control my usage. And they charge dearly if I go over my limits.

Vodafone is a bit better in this area, but their on-line meter is frequently outdated or incorrect according to discussions in our forums.

In Australia the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission issued a warn to consumers regarding mobile data usage.

What about here? TUANZ? Commerce Commission? Anyone awake and aware that we have overpriced data plans?

Read More

From the press release from earlier this month:

"Microsoft Equipt offers consumers Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007, giving them the latest versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote for their personal and school projects; Windows Live OneCare, the all-in-one security and PC management service; Windows Live tools, such as Windows Live Mail, Windows Live Messenger and Windows Live Photo Gallery so they can connect and share with people they care about most; and Office Live Workspace, a new service from Microsoft that makes it easy to save documents to a dedicated online Workspace and share them with friends and classmates. Anytime a new version of Office or Windows Live OneCare is released, Microsoft Equipt customers will get the version upgrades as part of their subscriptions."

Cost is $US70 per year for up to 3 PCs. Pretty reasonable I think and improves the home user proposition versus Open Office and Google online services . . .

Read More

So, I'm sitting here in the Qantas business launge of the Sydney airport, waiting for my flight back to Auckland. A few tables across from me someone has just powered up his laptop. I know it's a business traveler, because his laptop has a business c... (more in the full post)

Read More

Orcon, CallPlus and WorldxChange want to see the investigation broadened Read More

No comments: