Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Some suggested reading for Helen Clark and Michael Cullen?

Some suggested reading for Helen Clark and Michael Cullen?


Available from Amazon.com and available used from US$2.98


For those who don't know what Keynesian Economics is it's an economic theory devised by one of the greatest economists of the 20th century - John Maynard Keynes. What the National Party want to introduce is proven basic economic principals - why are Labour so scared?



Multiple Vendors Vulnerable to DNS Cache Poisoning
Multiple vendor DNS protocol implementations could allow a remote attacker to poison the DNS cache.  Patches that resolve the vulnerability on the DNS may be rendered ineffective if the DNS is behind a NAT device that does not randomize ports. Public exploit code was made available on July 24, 2008.  At the time of this update, neither X-Force nor IBM MSS has witness any active exploitation nor the integration of this exploit into any exploit toolkits.

Kaspersky, Number 3 With A Bullet, Launches Internet Security 2009 - InformationWeek

Annoying KiwiSaver
Currently Im an IT student living in Palmerston North. Week or so ago I scored myself a great weekend salesperson job, today I had orientation and signed contracts etc. etc. It pissed me off that I had to first fill out the kiwisaver form and then straight after fill out another form to opt out of it. Not only did it waste my time and pen ink but it also wastes time and more importantly money, for someone else to actually process these forms. To be honest I dont really know much about kiwisaver and was wondering why its compulsory? Someone told me that its going to die soon anyway, is this true?

Any thoughts on kiwisaver??



2nd Camera; Sony CyberShot DSC-W150
ok.. This is a follow up to my last blog entry.

I first bought the Sony CyberShot DSC-W110. I was told it had features that it didn't such as editing photos within the camera etc. so I took it back today and went up a level (or two) to the Cybershot DSC-W150. Also I was offered a slight discount as I was misinformed the first time, obviously I accepted. Thanks Harvey Norman!

One thing I did notice about the W150 (after only having it a short time) is that im able to put the memory stick straight into my laptop to retrieve photos. When I tried this with the W110 it said i would have to format the memory stick, maybe I did something wrong the first time, I dont know. 

I would really appreciate any comments on using this camera and making the most of its features.

Im not going to do an unboxing of this camera as it looks alot like the W110 and comes with the same accessories. But heres a photo of the camera.. from google.


No comments: