Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Attending the Intel Developer Forum (with video)

Attending the Intel Developer Forum (with video)
I was invited by Intel to attend the Intel Developer Forum in San Francisco, 19th - 21st August 2008. I also received a list of sessions and people available for meetings and round tables - I am looking forward to meeting Anand Chandrasekher (below), Intel Ultra Mobility Group Senior Vice President, in a round table.
Other topics of interest are of course the technology showcase, anything about mobile computing, and the keynotes - Steve Wozniak will be the guest speaker on the 21st August.



Cancel the Bubble FAIL alert: good response from all involved
Well, look at this. I've posted yesterday about some problems with my Flickr PRO account (courtesy of the Premium Services offered by Telecom to its Xtra customers).

The response was great. First friends posted here and in the Geekzone forums about their own account status. I also got some of their status through Twitter.

It seemed it was a single incident - so your accounts should be safe.

I contacted Telecom Help Desk via e-mail and received a reply in less than 45 minutes - very good if you ask me. The answer wasn't quite what I expected though, so I had to contact Flickr directly.

At the same time someone in the Telecom team escalated the issue to the Yahoo! Flickr team.

Sometime this morning my account was reprovisioned with the correct PRO status, while some time later Tara from the Yahoo! Flickr team contacted me to say all was in working order. Tara even posted in our Geekzone forums to confirm this.

Seriously, when the account problem showed up I thought this would be a black hole - having to deal with a third party help desk, account issues, etc. But it all worked well, in a really fast way.

Overall great work from Telecom and the Yahoo! team - and in what I think it's great time.




No comments: