Thursday, February 7, 2008

Windows Vista SP1 RC2 = RTM bits

If you are planning the deployment of Windows Vista Service Pack 1 in your organisation or at home, here is a tip I got from a conference call with the Windows Vista team in Redmond: the last Windows Vista SP1 RC2 (build 1800) released to beta testers contains the same bits as the Windows Vista SP1 RTM announced a couple of days ago.

It means that for all of you out there planning compatibility tests, migration, etc you can safely use the RC2 as a base platform for testing.



Read More

I have been restarting my modem every morning for the last week now, and today I can see ADSL2+ is here!

So restart your modems everyone!

UPDATE: Looks like we are going to be completely switched on the 8th. Hang on tight!


Before...



... and after

But I'm still getting 7.6mbps...

Is there still something?

I'm using the Gen I DSL-504T (generic, NZ firmware V3.00B02.NZ.20060711). Does the restriction I've been hearing affect my one as well (I thought it only affected _TX Telecom ones)

Read More

I have Vista Business in one of my machines and thought of dual booting with Windows Server 2008. And the end result? - Excellent! I installed Windows Server on top of Vista and after installation of Windows Server 2008, the boot menu was shown with options to boot into Vista or Server 2008 Cool

Cool Smile

Read More

The RTM versions of both operating systems can easily be found on BitTorrent tracker sites Read More

No comments: