Monday, February 11, 2008

Rejoice, people of Howick! ADSL2+ is here!

Rejoice, people of Howick! ADSL2+ is here!
I have been restarting my modem every morning for the last week now, and today I can see ADSL2+ is here!

So restart your modems everyone!

UPDATE: Looks like we are going to be completely switched on the 8th. Hang on tight!


Before...



... and after

But I'm still getting 7.6mbps...

Is there still something?

I'm using the Gen I DSL-504T (generic, NZ firmware V3.00B02.NZ.20060711). Does the restriction I've been hearing affect my one as well (I thought it only affected _TX Telecom ones)



Another music subscription service collapses
Yahoo! Music Unlimited will be shut down in "the first half" of this year. Yahoo! Music site will still remain, but subscribers will be shifted on to RealNetworks' Rhapsody music service.

Now how many of these poorly executed music services have collapsed?

[Via Engadget]


No comments: