Saturday, February 9, 2008

Rejoice, people of Howick! ADSL2+ is here!

Rejoice, people of Howick! ADSL2+ is here!
I have been restarting my modem every morning for the last week now, and today I can see ADSL2+ is here!

So restart your modems everyone!

UPDATE: Looks like we are going to be completely switched on the 8th. Hang on tight!


Before...



... and after

But I'm still getting 7.6mbps...

Is there still something?

I'm using the Gen I DSL-504T (generic, NZ firmware V3.00B02.NZ.20060711). Does the restriction I've been hearing affect my one as well (I thought it only affected _TX Telecom ones)



It is... ummmm I think that it... colour
I have been thinking of a conflict I had sometime back, over colour.

I noticed a change in my mind and I thought about it.

To begin (for a long time) my faviourite colour was this
Yellow #1

But some how a change happened and now I like this

Blue

more. I don't recall the exact point in time that this happen,
but the results are present. It's sad as I like blue alot too.



Welcome Slingshot to Geekzone
I would like to welcome Slingshot to Geekzone. We have created a Slingshot & CallPlus forum now, with a new user "Slingshot" that will represent Slingshot on the site.

More information on this forum entry.



Could it be Yahoo! + Google?
Apparently, Yahoo is "considering revisiting talks it held with Google several months ago", saying that Microsoft's offer of $31/share was under-valuing the company (it's still quite a lot though).

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/536641/1570564

Haven't seen much other news as searching around just pops "Microsoft + Yahoo! = Bad/Good for Google".



Begalet - Universal Personal Transport
This is so cool I want one.

From Scarab Aviation Labs based in Russia comes the Begalet - Universal Personal Transport.

begalet

It can be used on land, water and snow (with modification) and it can fly!

The craft weighs just 55Kg's when empty and can reach a maximum speed of 80kph on land and up to 160kph in the air (according to some reports). It seems to be a motorised paraglider but Scarab also have some fixed wing versions in development.

It uses a parachute in case of emergency landing when airborne and a bouyancy device to stop it sinking when on the water.

The engine delivers just 30hp with a range of up to 400km so it should be quite economical to run as well.



Blast from the Past! 025 N-AMPS mobile phone!
And not just any N-AMPS phone, but a Phillips ISIS! (You can't get much info on it as well... so it has to be old!)

(Yep, I previously said D-AMPS, but found out it's N-AMPS)

Featuring:
  • 20 Phonebook Contacts
  • 3 Subtle Tones
  • 1 Line LCD Monitor
  • Backlit Keys!
  • Runs on 4 AA Batteries! Perfect for those who are always on the move!


I've kept everything (except the box) and it still works, even all the contact numbers have been stored there... from 2000!

Ah, I can still remember how my dad used it. He would go into Settings, crank up the volume and play one of the mono tones, waking me up in the morning.

My mum still remembers how much he paid for it: $99.


No comments: