Sunday, February 10, 2008

Blast from the Past! 025 N-AMPS mobile phone!

Blast from the Past! 025 N-AMPS mobile phone!
And not just any N-AMPS phone, but a Phillips ISIS! (You can't get much info on it as well... so it has to be old!)

(Yep, I previously said D-AMPS, but found out it's N-AMPS)

Featuring:
  • 20 Phonebook Contacts
  • 3 Subtle Tones
  • 1 Line LCD Monitor
  • Backlit Keys!
  • Runs on 4 AA Batteries! Perfect for those who are always on the move!


I've kept everything (except the box) and it still works, even all the contact numbers have been stored there... from 2000!

Ah, I can still remember how my dad used it. He would go into Settings, crank up the volume and play one of the mono tones, waking me up in the morning.

My mum still remembers how much he paid for it: $99.



Facebook links up with Vodafone on mobile platform
The platform involves giving operators a set of technical specifications intended to resolve some of frustrating hang-ups when using Facebook on a mobile phone

Finally! A more Sci-Fi like hologram than ever!
This is soooooooooooooooooo cool!



To promote the movie 'Water Horse: Legend of the Deep', Sony made a water and light hologram in Tokyo Bay.

Click on the image for a YouTube vid.

[via Engadget]



Uncertain times for leading NZ tech equities
All eyes on Telecom as it reports this morning

You should follow Polar Bear Farm
During the Kiwi Foo Camp 2008 I had a chance to meet Layton Duncan. He's quite active on Geekzone, mainly in the Mac OS X Mobile forum, helping others with their iPhone and iPod touch questions and comments.

He is also involved with Polar Bear Farm and I think you should follow the company.

Why you should follow Polar Bear Farm? Because it's a New Zealand company creating application software for the Apple iPhone and iPod touch.

They are the guys behind the PBF Search and PBF ShowTime - this one brings video recording to the Apple iPhone.

I just wanted the guys added more posts to their blog - I know they were shoing off their stuff during the MacWorld but it would b good to hear more of their experience of going to that big show.



Yahoo said to beef up talks with Google
Google wants to do anything it can to stop Microsoft from getting one foot in the door, says source

It is... ummmm I think that it... colour
I have been thinking of a conflict I had sometime back, over colour.

I noticed a change in my mind and I thought about it.

To begin (for a long time) my faviourite colour was this
Yellow #1

But some how a change happened and now I like this

Blue

more. I don't recall the exact point in time that this happen,
but the results are present. It's sad as I like blue alot too.



Spammers' bot cracks Microsoft's CAPTCHA
The bot grabs the CAPTCHA and sends it back to the spammer's server, where the image is somehow "read" and a clear text match generated, says researcher

Ballmer rebuffs Google's anticompetitive charge
Acquisition of Yahoo would enhance competition, says Ballmer

Microsoft to end digital downloads for Vista upgrades
People wanting to upgrade will now have to visit their local retailer or contact Microsoft via post

Microsoft releases Windows Server 2008 to manufacturing
The path to Windows Server 2008 has not always been a straight line

No comments: