Thursday, February 7, 2008

The end of domain tasting?

One week ago there was a rumour in the blogosphere that Google would no longer allow domain names less than five days old to be monetised using Google Adsense for Domains. Just a few days later ICANN announced that they are reviewing a proposal to c... (more in the full post)

Read More

I have been restarting my modem every morning for the last week now, and today I can see ADSL2+ is here!

So restart your modems everyone!

UPDATE: Looks like we are going to be completely switched on the 8th. Hang on tight!


Before...



... and after

But I'm still getting 7.6mbps...

Is there still something?

I'm using the Gen I DSL-504T (generic, NZ firmware V3.00B02.NZ.20060711). Does the restriction I've been hearing affect my one as well (I thought it only affected _TX Telecom ones)

Read More

Here are some shots of my Jailbroken iPod Touch running 1.1.3 after using the iJailbreak method I posted about the other day.

Springboard


(Click the image to get to the gallery)

  • Summerboard is now working
  • Installer 'Main script execution failed' problem has been solved by doing this in SSH
    cd /
    cd Applications/
    wget http://repository.apptapp.com/packages/System/Installer.zip
    rm -rf Installer.app
    unzip Installer.zip
    chmod +s Installer.app/Installer
    chown -R root:wheel Installer.app
    rm Installer.zip
    This downloads the latest installer.app. I fixed mine another way, by setting the correct permissions via ssh then updating installer within installer.
  • Runs very well.
  • Maps, Mail, Webclips, lyrics, Weather...etc All run perfectly

Read More

For a while reeltime.tv seemed like the only alternative for legal movie downloads in Australia and New Zealand.

Except that if you visit the site you will find there's a very little catalogue available - with movies that I wouldn't hire for a Tuesday soirée.

Now I see a press release from Reeltime Rentals, an U.S.-based company declaring they have nothing to do with Reeltime Media, an Australian company listed in the ASX. This press release came out because Reeltime (the Australia one) had asked the ASX to suspend trading of its ticker.

The Reeltime Media ASX page says:


Principal activities: Broadband TV Content aggregator and operator - direct from hollywood licensee for movie downloads - both rental and own. Company provides content & operations to ISP, retail and media partners. Company has aggregated content suitable for PC and Set Top Box IPTV delivery. Company also retails games and music via its online website


I don't see a decent on-line movie delivery in New Zealand anytime soon. Do you?



Read More

To trick readers looking for information related to legitimate security products, the blog has copied content related to security vendors Read More

No comments: