Monday, February 11, 2008

Call to governments to improve connectivity

Call to governments to improve connectivity
A study ranking shows there is work to do to realise the benefits of ICT

Windows Server 2008 Installation Walkthrough
I installed Windows Server 2008 in my Virtual PC hosted in my Vista Ultimate. Here is an walkthrough of the installation options and steps. One thing to note is that I did not enter Product Key and thus was taken to the screen of selecting which edition I want to install.

Another change I noticed from the Beta releases (I havent tried RC) is that the Administrator account was not given a password and we had to manually set it, but now, after installation, the first thing you are supposed to do is to set your Administrator account password Laughing



Nokia N95s turn into live GPS traffic sensors
Nokia launched an experiment that gave 100 drivers with GPS-enabled N95 mobile phones and test tried them on highways, enabling them to see the live condition of the highway (slow movement of the phone would mean slow traffic etc.)

No more need to watch live videos or listen to radios - this would be great in Auckland!

"Nokia turns people into traffic sensors" - http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9868169-7.html
Related video - http://www.news.com/1606-2_3-6229829.html



Windows Vista SP1 RC2 = RTM bits
If you are planning the deployment of Windows Vista Service Pack 1 in your organisation or at home, here is a tip I got from a conference call with the Windows Vista team in Redmond: the last Windows Vista SP1 RC2 (build 1800) released to beta testers contains the same bits as the Windows Vista SP1 RTM announced a couple of days ago.

It means that for all of you out there planning compatibility tests, migration, etc you can safely use the RC2 as a base platform for testing.





iPod touch bug
Yes... there is a data leak that just happens (I've experienced it 5 times already.) Video podcast of the Macworld 2008 leaked into my list of songs... weird. To this point, I've been unsuccessful in reproducing this. This is confirmed as a 'intended' function, but I sure didn't place it in my favourite playlist, which made me think this is a leak. It comes and goes and also temporarily screws up my playlist as well. Can't watch this video? Click here.



Gartner's top 10 picks for 2008 and beyond
SaaS and open source feature in predictions

UK defense ministry to sell WiMax spectrum to buy ships
Regulator allows sale of valuable spectrum

No comments: